Seiten

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bookreview: Rebel Belle

 
About the Book
Title: Rebel Belle
Author: Rachel Hawkings
Publisher: G. P. Putnam's Sons
Release Date: April 8 2014
Series: Rebel Belle Series
Part: 1
Pages: 345
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Price: 11.47 $ (Hardcover)
Buy the Book on Amazon or on the Publishers Website


Description 
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts. Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

The Cover
It is gorgeous! I mean seriously, when I first saw the cover I fell in love and just had to buy this book. This beautiful pink color. The knife and the necklace. So pretty. The cover has this girly vibe but when you look at the knife you know that there is more to it. So thank you to whoever made this cover (sorry, I couldn't find out)

My thoughts
So I turn to the first page and don't know what to expect. What happened? I started laughing after only five seconds of reading.
This book was just hilarious. Harper Price has such a goddamn good humor it sometimes even brought me to tears. But now back to the book.
It has a pretty fun start where Harper introduces us to her life and friends in a funny way. We even get to have an encounter with her 'archenemy' David Stark. The story itself is very realistic because after Harper gets her superpowers she doesn't freak out (well maybe just a bit) but she's just super happy to have gotten them and even tests them. What I personally love about the book was the relationship between Harper and David. It wasn't only super hilarious how they just hated each other but also really cute. I really liked the characters even Blythe (the evil person). But I think I only liked her because I could never take seriously no matter what evil stuff she did. And that's only because when I see the name Blythe it reminds me of Blythe from Littlest Pet Shop. How could I ever take her seriously when every time she did something Blythe from llp would pop up in my head.
Anyways, the story gets better and better through out the book and even has an a little unexpected end.

I would recommend the Book to people who are out looking for a good laugh or even people seeking out another love story. But Rebel Belle is such a good book that everyone should read. So it get 5 out of 5 point from me. I am defiantly looking forward to reading more books by Rachel Hawking! ^^





 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment